Monday, June 19, 2017

Godly Promises to be Fulfilled

Hey There!

This week was a super super super fast week! Like the fastest week of my mission, but also one of the hardest of my mission. 

I just feel like we didn't accomplish much this whole week. I was decently sick most of the week. Not too sick, but enough that I had no energy which made it hard to work. The altitude is so high here that not feeling good makes it hard to walk.  Also, my ankle that I injured playing football has been really bothering me, so I have not been able to walk too fast. I've walked many many miles here in the mission, maybe it's just wearing out! Pray that it holds up! We also didn't get to teach very many people this week. We only taught like 5 people, but we contacted soooooooooooo many people. One day we contacted over 200 people, and walked all day long looking for more!

For P-day last Monday we went to Huayllay, or the Stone Forest, near Carhuamayo and Cerro de Pasco. I came here at the beginning of my mission. It's such a cool place, with lots of big petrified rock formations.






A highlight of my week .... Do you remember the kid named Brandon from my last area in Huanuco? Well, Brandon was the one that Elder Shaul and I had the crazy miracle with, (Elder Shaul recited "the promise" to Brandon, only he said it in perfect Spanish and he really didn't speak much Spanish, a testimony that the gift of tongues is so real) this happened just over a month or so ago. Well, on Saturday the 15th he got baptized!!!! I wasn't able to go because it was in Huanuco, and that's quite far away, but it was soooo cool to hear that he got baptized. Just like Elder Shaul told him, godly promises will be fulfilled. I'm really so happy for Brandon! He'll be a great member, and he'll get to see the fruits of those promises that we made him that day!

And maybe you'll remember Kevin here in Carhuamayo. When I was here at the beginning of my mission we found him, he was less active. Well, last Tuesday he left on his mission to Bolivia Santa Cruz North, Andrew Davis' mission. Too bad he gets there the day Andrew comes home. He'll be a great missionary. It's great to see him become active, progress in the gospel and now serve a mission!


Brandon and Elder Christensen
Brandon left for the Boliva Santa Cruz North Mission

I guess I failed to tell you last week what I said when I spoke at the Anniversary Celebration of Carhuamayo. Well, I just congratulated them on the Anniversary of the town, I told them a little about who we were and about the church, then I quoted Ether 12:41, "And now, I would commend you to seek this Jesus of whom the prophets and apostles have written, that the grace of God the Father, and also the Lord Jesus Christ, and the Holy Ghost, which beareth record of them, may be and abide in you forever. Amen" I just explained to them how important it is that they search for Christ and have him as a part of their lives. It was a great experience, hopefully one that softened some hearts, definitely an experience that I will never forget. I love when the spirit is strong and people know they are feeling something good, they may not know what, but they know it felt good. That was how it was that day. Missionary work is hard, but it's the best work ever.

I will have a great week and hopefully it will be a week full of great work here in the town of Carhuamayo. I will keep working hard and make these last 8 weeks really count! I hope you all have a great week too, I love you all, and I'll see you soon. 

Nos vemos pronto,
Elder Christensen
Elder Christensen preaching to a bus full of people 


No comments:

Post a Comment