Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Hanging with Elder Albrecht at Multi Zone Conference!

Luke says the only thing he wants is MORE LETTERS! He would love to hear from all of you! You can email him, but he doesn't seem to have a lot of time to read and write emails. His email is lucas.christensen@myldsmail.net. 

His mailing address is: 
Elder Lucas Christensen
Peru Huancayo Mission
Jiron Cusco #278
Huancayo, Junin, Peru
A regular letter costs $1.20 to mail and takes about 10-14 days to get to him.

Thanks for all of your love and support!

Hey ma!! 

Yeah I'm in Huanuco for a multi zone conference. It's pretty cool! I bought a dope sweatshirt, so you don't need to send me one, and a bag that is for like traveling for 20 dollars total haha! Everything here is so freaking cheap! I got a steak and a butt load of fries yesterday for like $4.50! And, yes I got my sleeping bag, blanket and the candy. It was awesome to get it and could you send me some sour bright gummy worms! Those really make life better!! Now I think I'm good the only places that are really cold are Carhuamayo, Cerro de Pasco and one other area. So apparently, I've heard my mission should only go up hill from here, warmer and easier!! hopefully! 

I want more letters, that is really the only thing I want!! and just send a ton of candy! That is the best just having some American candy! Just open the bag of sour bright gummy worms and get the air out and then seal it with like tape so it doesnt take up space. I really don't even care if they aren't soft, they are still amazing! 

That's crazy that Kenzie is getting married. I think that is so cool. Hopefully this guy is worthy of her. Also, could you send me a tape recorder so we can like basically talk, and make it one that I can just plug into the computer and send you recordings and download recordings onto my USB. 

So, yeah back to the story about Huanuco, where I am for the Zone Conference, it is so hot and humid here I am freakin dying, especially after freezing in Carhuamayo. We are staying in the zone leaders house in Huanuco till Wednesday. Their names are Elder Horsley and Elder Harron and they are so freaking dope! It's too bad that Elder Horsley dies this transfer because I have gone on splits with him for three days. It makes it a lot more fun to be out here in Huanuco, and we are apparently in the hardest part of Huanuco and it is still so fun compared to Carhurmayo where I am. In my area we have been focusing a lot on less actives lately. We don't really have investigators because no one in the place can comprehend what we are saying! haha Everyone in the city is either 90 years old or like 1 to 20 with nothing in between. That's probably because anyone that is actually smart moves to Huancayo or Lima or Huanuco! So it turns out that the cool investigator guy that was supposed to be interested, well, we couldnt find him this week. Super sad, and our other investigators are all women, so we never get to visit them because we can't visit women without a man from the ward present, so we don't really get to teach to many investigators. But we'll keep working hard and I do think that I might actually have a chance for a baptism there.

So while I'm here in Huanaco I get to stay with Elder Albrecht!!! It's gonna be so great! I did see Rocky Evans too and talked to them for a fat minute! It's so great to see someone from home! They're the greatest! There's a picture of me, Elder Albrecht and my companion E. Bullock.  

So this is funny... one of the dudes that we were teaching it took us an hour to get it through his head that the difference between our church and other churches is the authority of God to have 3 things, and that they were Prophets, Apostles, and the Priesthood. We didn't even teach him about the differences though, we drew on a board just the names of those 3 things and he couldn't get it! And yeah, that kid that we've been working with to go on a mission, doesn't turn 18 until next September so hopefully we can inspire him enough to stay strong and in church. 

We really don't do anything on p days other than play soccer and you get tired so fast here in the high altitude. But last week we dressed up for Halloween and I was Superman and we played soccer in our costumes and also made a Harlem Shake video haha! It was super fun. There really is nothing cool to go and see in Cerro. It's just a barren gold mining town. There aren't like tourist attractions, well, other than it is the dirtiest water in the world haha! Like literally it is so dirty they told us that we can't even boil our water to drink it. Our water has to be brought in! But enough negative things about Cerro! It really has been super great and I seriously can't believe that I am in my third month and it is November! In a month and 2 days is Dad's birthday haha!!! and in less than 2 months I will be talking to you all on skype probably and hopefully in Spanish to Nick. 

I got Mimi`s letter last Tuesday while we were in Cerro for a zone meeting, we do go over there a lot. I have been there for like half the time I have been in the field. But I was reading Mimi`s letter about Uncle Lal and all the things that have happened and how he got baptised and confirmed, then gave an amazing testimony. That was one of the happiest moments in my whole mission so far. I started tearing up I was so happy. It sounds kind of wierd because we aren't like super close, but I was just so happy that he is back in the church. And like Mimi said, that he is back to what he loves!! 

Well that was my week sorry it wasn't that interesting, but I want everyone to tell Mimi's brother and my uncle congrats!! and that I am so happy for him! This next week I will be doing a lot of things so I'll let you know next week how it was. I love you all and hasta luego!!

Love,
Elder Christensen


Elder Christensen, Elder Albrecht and Elder Bullock (Luke's Companion)
Elder Albrecht was in our ward when he and Luke were younger.
They both went to Alta High School.
We have always loved the Albrechts! They are a great family!
So great for the boys to see a familiar face so far from home!
I LOVE that they are together for a few days!

No comments:

Post a Comment