Monday, April 11, 2016

Another Cool Waterfall, and Even Better .... A Few Baptisms

Hey!! 

I don't have much time to write this week, I had a lot of birthday emails to respond to! Thanks to everyone who wished me a Happy Birthday! It means so much to me! 

I will keep this short and sweet. So last week, on Monday we went to a waterfall called San Miguel. It was an hour in a car, then half hour in a moto and an hour walk to get to the fall. We trekked through mud, water, and all sorts of crazy things that are hard to imaging. haha!! It was super crazy! We got up there and it was the coolest waterfall that I have ever seen in my life. I know I say that every time I go to a waterfall, but they just keep getting better and better! After, we went back and had a lesson with an investigator named Angela. She is getting ready to be baptized this Saturday. We have been working with her since I got here to Tingo Maria. It was so hard to get her to study so that her testimony could grow and she could know the truthfulness of the gospel, because she is super lazy, but now, finally, she is super ready. Hopefully she follows through and gets baptized this Saturday. Please pray for her to have the strength she needs to do all she needs to do. It is going to be super. Also, Veronica and her daughters (that I talked about last week... the lady who had the dream), have a baptismal dates for the 7th of May. so that is one of the main focus lately. I'm so stoked about them getting baptized! They're so awesome!

The rest of this week we didn't really do much, we have been trying to get the members here to help us out and accompany us, because Ericckson went on a mini mission just like my comp is a mini missionary. My comps name is Elder Orellana, and he's from Huancayo. I am training him, and hopefully when he goes on his full time mission he will be so far ahead! He is from Huancayo and weighs in at a whopping 100 pounds!! He is so skinny, and a lurp, but he is a great guy and I am loving serving with him. He has been kind of sick this week, so I gotta get him better.

Well I don't have any more time, I just got an emergency phone call to go and give someone who is sick a blessing, so I will go and help them. Just want to tell everyone that I love you all, and thanks again for the birthday wishes, it made my day!!! Now... I'm really hoping for a good Friday the 15th  because it's my BIRTHDAY!! haha. I will write next week. Thanks to all!! 

Les amo. Chau Cholitos.

Elder Christensen

Waterfall San Miguel


Elder Christensen and His Comp Elder Orellana




No comments:

Post a Comment