Monday, May 15, 2017

I Love Peru!!! And the Work I'm Doing!

Hello!! And Happy Mother's Day to all the Mother's out there. Even though I am a day late! Yesterday truly was a cool time being able to talk to my Mommy and my Pops and the whole family!! So cool to see everyone, I miss you all!







This week was a very slow week. I'm really working hard to stay motivated, but some days are so hard when no one wants to listen. In the past 5 weeks I think I've contacted probably 1,000 people with very few lessons. The lessons we have had have been powerful. We just need more of them! We contacted some more this week and did some public preaches (yes, just like the old days when the Apostles/Missionaries would preach in the park or on a corner) and nothing seems to be working out for us, but we will never stop trying! The good thing is that I'm still happy, I'm not going to let it get me down!
   
We had to have a little fun this week so we did .... We decided to pull a little prank and we snuck into Elder Moss`s and Elder Johnson`s room and hid under their beds. They didn't come home forever it seemed like, but they came home and when they went to bed we grabbed their feet and scared the crap out of Elder Moss. Seriously! It was the best ever! Then 2 days later they tried to do it to us, but we totally saw them! So, another day, I put a ton of pillows under my blankets on my bed so it looked like a person was there, then I hid under my bed. Elder Moss and Johnson walked into our room late one night thinking we would be in bed and tried to scare us, but I reached out from under the bed and grabbed their legs and scared them again! haha Yeah, the score is 2-0 for us! haha!!


Elder Alvarez hiding under the bed

We did find this sweet lady named Daisy this week. She seems very interested in the gospel and what we have to offer. We will see how it goes with her. We need to do a lot of teaching. We have been trying to follow up with Brandon (the one Elder Shaul and I had the cool experience with). He is really busy, he is a college student and doesn't have a lot of time. He is still on track for his June baptismal date.

I did get another companion, sorry I forgot to tell you that. Elder Alvarez from Costa Rica! He's a way cool guy and we get along great and work great together. His companion also left, so the two of us were without companions, so President moved him to my area. It's working out great! We still don't have a pensionista, but I'm not starving, don't worry!
  
During these trying days I truly have come to understand the natural state of God. No, I haven't see him, but I have felt his presence so strong. One night when I was super sad, and having a bad day and really kind of struggling with things, I went into the next room and started to pray for an extended amount of time.  When I finished praying I had the greatest sense that He was right there with me. I know he hears, and he is there to help us. God gave me confirmation that this gospel is true, and that all would be well. I know that God lives and I know that He wants the best for all of us and for our families. I know that is why He restored his gospel and His church through Joseph Smith. I love Joseph Smith, and all that he did for all of us. He is one of my heroes. In my opinion, Joseph is the second greatest man to ever live, of course following after the greatest man ever to walk this earth, our Savior, Jesus Christ. I love this work, I love this gospel, it's true, I know it. I love you all and I thank you all for supporting me over the past 21 months while I've been on this adventure of a lifetime. I'm learning, I'm growing and I'm experiencing so many things! Love you all.

Elder Christensen




No comments:

Post a Comment