Monday, May 1, 2017

I Love It! I Just Keep Seeing Miracles!

WWWWEEEEELLLLLP!    

Hey there how are ya´ll? I'm doing pretty good, I guess.  So I think God needs me to learn something about working without a companion... trust, obedience??? Haha hopefully this is not a bad sign... and I find a wife who stays!! So my awesome comp (Elder Shaul) went home.  He was truly an amazing man and an amazing missionary, I'm really gonna miss that guy a ton. He just got notice last night and he left on the bus last night. So... I will be with Elder Moss and Elder Johnson for the next 3 weeks and I will be doing the same thing that I had to do when I was in Chilca and Tingo Maria, hopefully getting members to be my companion during the days. Hopefully I can do the same thing and keep working in my area. My area is doing so good! So I'm actually super pumped and I'm super ready to go and work my butt off with the members. 

Elder Christensen and Elder Shaul
Elder Johnson, Elder Moss, Elder Shaul and Elder Christensen 
 Luke's favorite drink .... Inca Kola
Elder Christensen, Elder Shaul and Elder Moss

THE MIRACLE IS UNFURLING. Elder Shaul, a member and I were in a lesson with one of our investigators, Brandon on Wednesday. We were super prepared and I made Elder Shaul memorize a "godly promise" that we felt was relevant to the situation, then we went to the lesson. Brandon was convinced that he wasn´t going to get baptised for like 5 WHOLE years.  We talked for like 30 minutes and the whole time I was just trying to make everything lead into 3 verses. We finally got to the point and I looked over at Elder Shaul, I said "do it" and he pulled out a scripture, Mosiah 18:8-10 "And it came to pass that he said unto them: Behold, here are the waters of Mormon (for thus were they called) and now, as ye are desirous to come into the fold of God, and to be called his people, and are willing to bear one another's burdens, that they may be light; Yea, and are willing to mourn with those that mourn; yea, and comfort those that stand in need of comfort, and stand as witnesses of God at all times and in all things, and in all places that ye may be in, even until death that ye may be redeemed of God, and be numbered with those of the first resurrection, that ye may have eternal life-- Now I say unto you, if this be the desire of your hearts, what have you against being baptized in the name of the Lord, as a witness before him that ye have entered into a covenant with him, that ye will serve him and keep his commandments, that he may pour out his Spirit more abundantly upon you?" And then I testified of Jesus Christ and then I nodded to Elder Shaul and said "say it" and then Elder Shaul, recited the promise, but he didn't just say it memorized, he really said it, and he said it so very well!! Before we left to go to Brandon's, Elder Shaul was having troubles memorizing it slightly, but when saying it to Brandon he said it perfectly! The gift of tongues is real, he said it perfectly.  I said, "Brandon, this man speaks very little Spanish, do you think that all of a sudden he can just speak like a latino?" GOD EXISTS, he is real, and the spirit bore a strong testimony that he is real and he is with us. He helped Elder Shaul and he'll help Brandon too! Brandon looked at me and said "when can I get baptized, what day?"  I said, "when do you feel the right time is?" and he said (with tears running down his face) "the 13th of June, it's my 18th birthday, I'm getting baptized and I'm going to need help getting there!"  We all left so edified and so lifted by the spirit! It really was a miracle, it happened right there at the exact time that we needed it to happen. Heavenly Father is so aware of each of us, he loves us. HE is real! It was an amazing week filled with lots of great things, but this was the best of the best! 
  
I miss you all and I'll see you all very soon.  LOVE YOU ALL!

Elder Christensen

No comments:

Post a Comment