Monday, December 7, 2015

Humility, Patience, Obedience and Hard Work!!



Hey!!!

So this has been a good week, but kind of a depressing week too. I have found so many scriptures this week that have given me comfort!  I love them!!  Next week I will send a picture of all of them, because I think everyone deserves them! So, Elder Bullock is out of here, and he is now a Zone Leader in Huancayo. I really do miss him. He really was super cool and he helped me out a lot. Now I have a disobedient Elder with me, his name is Elder Alfonso. He tries to count some contacts as lessons and I keep telling him that they don't count!! So during informs I just don't tell the District Leader those numbers. haha!!! 

I am having a good time. I have been looking up a ton of scriptures, like I said, in my Pocket Reference Book for Missionaries. I looooooove that little book!!! I found a great scripture on the way here to Cerro de Pasco. It is D & C 136:31, "My people must be tried in all things, that they may be prepared to receive the glory that I have for them, even the glory of Zion; and he that will not bear chastisement is not worthy of my kingdom." So now I guess I pretty much have to finish my mission!! So I'll see you all in 21 months because tomorrow is my 3rd month in Peru! Wow, how fast time flies, and it should only go faster the more time I have!

Yesterday we had 7 people in Sacrament Meeting! AND .... the Branch President was on time!!! and set up the Sacrament!!! On Saturday I showed him D&C 107:99, "Wherefore, now let every man learn his duty, and to act in the office in which he is appointed, in all diligence." and 100% he was scared and started working!!! We actually had a branch council and it went really good. In the next two months we could have 4 baptisms!! They will be the first baptisms in Carhuamayo in a whole  year!! That really makes me a lot happier to think about that!! 

Last Monday on p-day we went to Huayllay! It's such a great place. It's rock climbing heaven! We had hail and lightening super hard while we were there, and I really thought that I was going to die, but it was one of the coolest things that I have seen in along time! I really loved it. While we were there Elder Bullock got the call that he was leaving Carhuamayo to be a Zone Leader. I'll send pictures of this place, cause it was so cool!

So, like I said at the beginning, this week has been hard and depressing. Hard because my comp knows about 1/2% of English and I am forced to speak a language I'm not comfortable with at all! But, I know it will be good and really I do like it, I guess mostly because I have learned more about Spanish this week than another week so far. One of the little depressing things is that it goes from short sleeve weather in the day, to about negative 50 degrees because of the rain and wind chill! Which happen here at 15,000 ft every day! It gets so cold! The other day I forgot my gloves in the room so my hands were frozen, and I really thought about just cutting them off. haha!!  Just kidding! but it has been so dang cold every night this week! 

Elder Alfonso is my new comp and he is from Paraguay. I don't know the name of the city because it is a really weird name. He's really cool. I'm trying to help him be obedient to all of the rules, all of the time! I have realized out here that there are a few things that you need to have, humility, patience, obedience and to work hard all the time. Well, that was basically my week. I am working hard and trying as hard as I can so we will all receive blessings. I love you all. 

 ¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡buenos suerte!!!!!!!!!

Elder Christensen


Visiting Huayllay National Sanctuary. 
A park in Peru noted for the large scenic rock formations of theRock Forest, near Carhuamayo, Peru


At Huayllay 
Elder Christensen, Elder Baca and Elder Grandstaff 



Such a beautiful place! Luke said, "it's a rock climber's heaven"!
And if you know Luke! You know he's in heaven standing up on this big rock!

No comments:

Post a Comment