Monday, January 4, 2016

A New Room ... Rubic's Cubes ... Ugly Dogs ... and Maybe Even a Baptism!

Hey so what's up everyone! 

This has been a patience tester kind of week!  My comp and I moved on Thursday to a new room and it's way cool. Our bathroom is super nice!! Most of the houses don't have bathrooms inside the house. The only problem is we don't have any water! So I haven't showered since like last Wednesday. I feel so gross! Hopefully I get a shower soon! So Friday the Branch President came over and he was trying to fix our water problem. My comp who has 13 months in the mission and is a Latino from Paraguay came in the the room flipping out and breaking all of his things! I told him he was acting like a baby and to stop, he said, "all babies inherit the kingdom of God" and I told him that he needs to figure things out, maybe pray about it. He was mad the whole day and pouted! Saturday he did the same thing, and Sunday he was super depressed and cried again. I showed him D&C 136:31, "My people must be tried in all things, that they may be prepared to receive the glory that I have for them, even the glory of Zion; and he that will not bear chastisement is not worthy of my kingdom."  Wellafter I read that to him he got really mad at me! Then he told me everything that was wrong with me!!  I haven't done anything to him at all, I was just try to help him and he makes me feel likeIi have no purpose! Anyway I guess it's all ok now! 

One great thing about this week is that we found a guy that actually wants to get baptised!!!!!  He is super cool. His name is Cirilo Dominica. I think that this town started out with three families because everyone in the whole town has one of three last names... Cordova, Dominica, or Arsepalo. I am serious, it is weird! The mission leader for the stake in Cerro said that Carhuamayo is like an 1800's little old town in the movies. haha!! 

On Wednesday I figured out how to solve a Rubics Cube so I am buying a really good one today for 40 Soles, that's like $12.00. Another funny thing that happened this week, I was walking down the street and saw the ugliest dog in the world. I am not lying this dog should be in a record book it was so ugly! So I just kept laughing over this throughout the day. Later we were on our way to a lesson and I looked into this truck and again, I am not lying, I saw a dog that was 15 times uglier than the first. I got some videos! haha  So the next day we were walking to the same people's house and there was this drunk that stopped us and kept asking if we could bless his car and his dog because he wanted them both to be prettier! So we walked to his house and I saw that ugly dog again, the one that was the uglier dog and i just started laughing so hard! The drunk guy got super mad at us, so we walked over to his car, gave him a Word of Wisdom pamphlet and left. It really was a pretty funny! haha. 

On Sunday I read this talk that President Henderson gave me. It was written by some other Mission President somewhere else. It is called the 4th Missionary.  I loved it! I realized that I was a "3rd Missionary". That means you work with all of your might and strength, and the "4th Missionary" is someone who works with all of his heart, might, mind and strength, and I am working to be a "4th Missionary" for sure! 

Well that's my week so far. I love you all and thanks for the support. Hopefully I get out of here at transfers in a week. But, if not, I think I'll be just fine, I can make another transfer here! 

Chau,
Elder Christensen



Luke and Pablo (an investigator) ... Luke says Pablo's a little crazy, but he loves him!




Elder Christensen and Elder Alfonso making pizza.
Luke says Elder Alfonso always tells everyone how ugly Luke is!! 
He's not sure why he says that!!!
I think he's kinda cute!



This cute little kitty belonged to Luke's Pensionista. He was left outside one night,
and it was so cold that the cat froze to death. So sad :(




Some of Luke's favorite Elders in the mission...
Elder Baca (California) Elder Leonard (Colorado) and Elder Christensen (Utah)
This picture was taken in Huanuco at a Zone Conference.




Christmas night in Elders Christensen and Alfonso's room. They had no power that night!




Somewhere in Carhuamayo, Peru




Main Street in Carhuamayo, Peru



Luke at the Internet Cafe.
He's looking pretty suntanned and he also has the rosy red cheeks!
They call those cheeks "Cerro Cheeks". I'm not sure if they're from sun burn, wind burn or frost bite!

No comments:

Post a Comment