Monday, January 11, 2016

My First Baptism and It Was In The River !!!!!

Hey everyone! 

So how are you all doing? I had a baptism this week and it was pretty cool!!!! We baptized in the River Rancas. I don't know for sure how to spell it, but yeah, it is in Cerro de Pasco. It was the first time that has happened in over twenty years in Cerro de Pasco!! I baptized the lady standing by me in the pictures. Her name is Isabel Jenny Macha Wertes. She's a funny lady!! Elder Baca (my zone leader)  just called me up on Thursday and said she was going to be baptized and I was going to baptize her.  The baptisms were on Saturday. Elder Baca baptized someone and so did Elder Delgado. It really was such a neat feeling! What a great day! 

This week we got water! But our duchy (means shower I'm guessing?) doesn't work at all. It is still like just a little bit warmer than cold. haha!! and especially in Carhuamayo, haha yeah it's not that fun to shower!! but I guess it's all part of the experience! It's kinda cool! 

So also this week I learned how to solve a Rubics cube fast! But, I am trying to figure out how to do it in 30 seconds. I can get it in 1:38 seconds but not any faster! haha! I got a super good cube for a professional, but the day that I got my cube, (last pday) we hiked up the highest mountain in Cerro de Pasco and we all solved a Rubic cube there!! and took a few cool pics too! And.... I did a backflip at 17,000 feet. So cool to think about that. I did take a pic of it. 

Not really that much that went on this week. The baptism and the hike were the highlights! I got pizza on Sunday morning. I read that book Our Heritage that is in the missionary library, it comes with Jesus the Christ and 3 other books. I read it in 2 1/2 days. It was really good. I am reading Our Search for Happiness now and it is super good. Really, I never want it to end.

Transfers are this week. I guess we'll wait and see, I might get transferred?? I won't know until tonight, or in the morning tomorrow. I really am so sick of burned rice and chewy chicken. I sometimes just eat only like a fourth of my plate. I do love my Penchinista. She is super cool and the same with her husband. They are great people!!

Oh and I forgot to thank a few people after Christmas!!! I want to thank the Primary kids from the Crescent Park 3rd Ward for their letters, they were awesome! Sister Snow for her package... I have loved the gummy worms!!! Thank you! My awesome First Grade Teacher, Mrs. Richardson, I loved the sour gummy worms!! The Vickery Family, again loved the sour gummy worms! The Jordan's for their package, I do love Swedish fish and the caramels were great! Also, Mimi and Papa, thank you for the package, the candy, the money and all the goodies, and I loved your letters! Thank you everyone for thinking of me. I felt really spoiled! I am starting to gain weight again I think  from all of the candy that I am eating. I guess that's a good thing!!!

I love you all and be safe. 

Love,
Elder Christensen


Overlooking the City of Cerro de Pasco, Peru
One of the highest cities in the world. The second highest in Peru at 15,000 ft.




Luke's backflip at 17,000 feet



Luke's beloved Rubic's cube over the city of Cerro de Pasco!



A house in Carhuamayo, Peru



Elder Baca and Elder Christensen with Isabel Jenny Macha Wertes



Elder Christensen, Elder Baca, Elder Delgado and those getting baptized



Elder Christensen baptizing Isabel Jenny Macha Wertes 
in the River Rancas in Cerro de Pasco, Peru

No comments:

Post a Comment