Monday, August 8, 2016

Heavenly Father Hears our Prayers

Um, well, it was a great week...I think!

So this week has been decent. We have been working hard! We didn't have a lot of time to work this week, but when we worked, we worked hard. 

So, this week was great. We started off beating a bunch of dudes in soccer like 23 to 7 haha!! Then they got mad and left and forfeited, but we had an amazing p-day, and we got to play soccer, so even though we don't really have that many things to do anymore, we found the best of things we can do. Later that day we went to a Family Home Evening. But, the family we went to to have FHE with isn't the most sanitary, plus they are potato farmers (but then who isn't a potato farmer here?) They gave us some food. I got a plate of like 7 giant potatos and some cheese. Then I started laughing and I just kept thinking that they were joking and were going to bring out some like sour cream, haha or something else to put on the potatoes. Nope! I ate like 7 giant potatos with just like 2 slices of cheese, it was pretty dry! I am still laughing, but I know that Heavenly Father is looking out for me because he blessed me enough to be able to finish those flipping potatoes, and not offend them! Then we were heading over to another Family Home Evening and we had a lady ask us for a blessing for her husband. Then after the blessing they gave Elder Campbell and me a whole Panetone to eat, RIGHT IN FRONT OF THEM, panetones are not small!! They are actually very large. Then we had to eat the dinner that our Pencion had prepared for us. Aww! I'm still full and it has been a whole weeeeeeek! 

On Wednesday Elder Campbell and all of the other gringos took a hike and left me alone in Huanuco. But my new Zone Leader got here and he is a gringo so, yeah, that's pretty cool right? His name is Elder Schully and he's from Logan, Utah. Then a little later my new comp, Elder Cano got here. He has 14 months in the mission, and also just got out of CARHUAMAYO, (we have a lot in common!) and he is from Lima. He is a pretty good missionary, he works dece hard, but he doesn't always really care about the rules.

Then Thursday I saw the GLASSET FAMILY!!!!! That was just like the greatest thing in the whole world!!!! Just seeing a family of white people, from Draper, Utah was the best! They delivered the package that you sent, brought us some candy and also gave me some great advice, which I really needed and appreciated! Thanks Glassets for taking the time, it meant a lot!!! It really was super cool!!


Elder Cano, Elder Christensen and Cody Glassett
Cody served in the Peru Huancayo Mission from June 2014 to June 2016


Elder Cano, Elder Christensen, Cody and Paul Glassett
The Glassett's are from Draper and they were visiting Cody's mission



Elder Cano, Elder Christensen, The Glassett Family

An amazing thing happened last night. I have been praying super hard these days to receive an answer about something. I felt a great urge to listen to my farewell talk. So, I pulled out the CD and listened to it. Nothing in my talk really had any answers, but it was great to listen to it again. After the talk I had the thought to listen to the song that Tanner Townsend played. It was the piano solo "Come Thou Fount of Every Blessing". Wow, I felt like someone was wrapping their arms around me and hugging me, and whispered to me, and told me what to do. It was amazing. It actually brought tears to my eyes, and I realized how much Heavenly Father loves me. He is so mindful of each of us, and he is there if we will ask Him. He wants to help us, and lead and guide us. I got my answer, and a stronger testimony of my Father and His Son, Jesus Christ. They live.

That was my week. And... I just want to say to Marci that you better be careful because when I get home I'm gonna give you a knuckle sandwich. I just need to bug you again! (Most boys tease their sisters, he loves to torment his aunt!)

love you all,
Elder C. 


Elder Campbell and Elder Christensen



Elder Christensen and Elder Campbell



Dietamar and Bobby the Dog



Elder Christensen and Crazy Richard 



Matius, Gelhin's Baby... Gelhin in the back



"The Stairs of Death" in Luke's area and he walks up and down them
several times a day, every day


A part of Luke's area in Huanuco (Pedro Puelles)
The houses on the hill are typical to Peru



A street in Luke's area with a few mototaxi's
The Glassett's said that his area was very pretty and 
very well maintained, and seemed very safe.


No comments:

Post a Comment