Monday, November 21, 2016

Small and Simple Things

Well, everyone, how are ya?

This last week for p-day we played soccer with all of the young men in the ward, and we are planning on playing again today at 3!! I love playing with these guys! 

On Wednesday we went to Pampas. Pampas is about 1 hour away from Huancayo. I went there to do divisions with the Elders there. Pampas is a super beautiful town. We ran into some people that I had contacted since my time in Huancayo, and because they knew me they invited us in. We talked to them and they were super sweet people. They really know what they need to do to be able to return to live with Heavenly Father. It was great visiting with them, and they invited us back. After leaving them, I thought a lot about them and all that they had gained since I last saw them. In my mom's email today she told me about the 2 kids in Draper that were killed in a terrible car accident. It really shook me because I knew Ethan and his sister. Thinking about both of these situations my testimony of the Plan of Salvation was strengthened, knowing that everything happens for a reason. That God has a perfect plan for every single one of his children. Trials will always come to us, we just have to work to get through them and learn from them.





Also, this week I wasn't in my area much because my mini misionary was super busy all week (he's a guy from my ward here in Huancayo). I had to find members to accompany me all week. I wasn't in my area a ton but, I feel like we were led to the chosen ones, the people that really wanted to listen to us. We found a less active dad (Marco), and wife (Margol) that really want to be sealed in the temple along with their family. First their daughters have to get baptized. So we talked to the family and motivated them with some goals. The entire family put a goal of when they are going to get baptized!! Now 3 of the kids have baptismal dates!! 

So, even on weeks that I feel like nothing huge has happened I look back and realize that God has blessed us with so many opportunities, and has put people in our path. We do have many people that are ready to enter in the waters of baptism, and that's so exciting! I love the scripture in Alma 37:6-7 "Now ye may suppose that this is foolishness in me; but behold I say unto you, that by small and simple things are great things brought to pass; and small means in many instances doth confound the wise. And the Lord God doth work by means to bring about his great and eternal purposes; and by very small means the Lord doth confound the wise and bringeth about the salvation of many souls."


I can't believe that I am already almost at the end of another transfer. It is going by way too fast! I feel like I am being so blessed here in Chilca. I have been 100% obedient and I know I am blessed in my mission because of it. I really hope to have at least 2 more transfers in Chilca. There's so much to do. Ma tiempo esta pasando rapido, solo tendo 7 traslados mas. I love it here!

So just a normal week, nothing too crazy or that cool, just small and simple things, but I did have a super great week. I want to tell you all to be safe, I miss you all and I love you all. So much to be thankful for... Happy Thanksgiving love you all.

Nos vemos,
Elder Christensen
2 Little Peruvian Girl doing a traditional dance called the "Santiago" 


Playing statues at FHE at the Quispe's house

No comments:

Post a Comment