Monday, November 7, 2016

In the Right Place at the Right Time

Well Hello There!!!
Well, I don't have much time to write, but I do have some sweet things to say, so I'll hurry so that I can tell you my sweet story. Basically, it is just about little miracles that I have seen this week. 


So this week we contacted a ton! Well, I was with Elder Leifson and Elder Mendoza, (the AP's) and a member.  We were walking by a store and I heard a lady yell "ELDER!" I turned to see, but no one else heard it. So I went back and I said, "hey how are ya!" But, of course, I said it in Spanish. haha  Then the lady said to me, "Can we go to my house and talk?" So we did! It was like she was ready and waiting for us to walk by. We went back to her house and we had a sweet lesson, and talked to her for a while. She was a great lady! I played with a mini goat at her house and the mini goat sucked on my finger, and also bit me slightly!! I'm ok!


Elder Leifson (right) Elder Mendoza (left)



We left there at about 8:30 and we were on our way back to the house to eat, and we walked past a Catholic church. We saw a mom, her son, and a new born baby sitting outside the church. The mom was crying her eyes out. She was talking to her husband on the phone, crying the whole time. So Elder Leifson looked at us and said, "should we go talk to her?" and I said "of course" so we walked over to her and talked to her to see what was going on and to see if we could help her in any way. We had a conversation with her, and listened to her problems, and then we testified of the Book of Mormon. When we were each finished testifying of it's goodness, I looked at her and she was completely calm and fine and seemed happy. I pulled a Book of Mormon out of my case and said to her, "Take this, this book is my life, my treasure, everything that I have to live for. I want you have have it, take it, read it and keep it safe! It will bring you happiness." In that moment she again started to cry. She was so humble. Through her tears she said, "thank you". Her ride arrived, and she gathered her stuff and her children and got in the car and left.  The three of us stood there watching her and then we walked away in total silence. None of us could speak at that moment. There weren't any words for what had just happened. I felt the spirit, at that moment, in a way that I have never felt it before. My testimony continues to grow.

I love you all,
Elder Christensen

A Chapel in Huancayo


Members ... Jersin and Daybin

2 comments:

  1. Love that sweet boy! He is witnessing daily the power of The Book of Mormon. Wonderful experiences to treasure throughout his life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that sweet boy! He is witnessing daily the power of The Book of Mormon. Wonderful experiences to treasure throughout his life!

    ReplyDelete