Monday, January 9, 2017

My Time Here is Flying By ....

Well people from my World! 

I'm going to say that this email will be kinda short because 1) I don't have much time and 2) I'm feeling too lazy to write a letter today haha

So this week was many things... Good, Sad, and Happy. So, it started off that we were all just so dead tired from working such long hot days that we just slept last p-day, and it felt so good to get some extra sleep! We slept all day, and then from 4:30 till 6:00 we played some volleyball.
The rest of the week was pretty good. We went to La Merced to have interviews with President Silva. It really was pretty sweet! He taught us, (well, he taught me at least) a ton of things. I felt so good afterward, like someone really cared for me and wanted the best for me and my wellbeing. He was so nice and went over some great things with me. I've thought a lot about it this week, and I really enjoyed my time with President. My testimony of so many things just continues to grow.

Also this week we talked with so many people! President has been putting the pressure on us to have at least 140 contacts every week. So the past about 2 months every single week we have contacted like 140, 150, 160 people! That's a ton! At the beginning of my mission we would usually contacted like 20 to 30 people a week. This is a pretty stressful goal. I see why he wants us to do it, but it's still really stressful. But I guess someone who is looking for the gospel is bound to be in those 160 contacts we make each week. We need to progress the work! This last week I was pretty sick until Friday, and we couldn't go out contacting, so again, we were feeling pretty stressed that we weren't getting our work done and our goals met, so Friday and Saturday we literally did 60 contacts everyday. It really was crazy! But we did it!
The mission is going great! I really am loving it here and loving the work. I feel good about being here in Pichanaki, the work is good here and I love the people. Next week we have changes, it's gone by so fast. Hopefully I will stay here a little longer. I feel like there are a lot of things I can work on here. Well, I have to go. President gave us special permission to go to a waterfall today, so I am super excited, we're going to go and have a great day! I miss you all and I love you. I will see you all soon!

Elder Christensen

 Elder Jordan being silly!

 Elder Jordan, Elder Gonzales and Elder Valdes
Luke lives with these 4 Elders
 Elder Jordan at the church



No comments:

Post a Comment