Tuesday, October 20, 2015

I Made it to Huancayo!



Huancayo, Peru is a beautiful little city that sits in the Andes Mountains at about 11,000 feet above sea level. Luke's mission consists of some jungle area (8 hours north of Huancayo and 8 hours east of Huancayo) that is at about 2,200 feet above sea level to the barren gold mining city of Cerro de Pasco, which has an elevation of almost 15,000 feet. It's one of the highest inhabited cities in the world. Elder Christensen will be having quite the adventure as he serves. We are so excited for him and can't wait to watch him grow as he serves our Heavenly Father in a beautiful and humble part of the vineyard.

Elder Christensen arrived in Huancayo tonight after a 6 hour bus ride from Lima. We heard that it was a crazy switch back road that peaks at 16,000 feet and then drops down into Huancayo at 11,000 feet. Quite the elevation difference from Lima which is at sea level. We received this short email from him. We'll look forward to next week to see who his companion is and which area he will be serving in. Keep him in your prayers as he begins this new chapter of his journey! Thank you for all of your love and support!

Hey mama!!! 

How are you doing? I just made it to Huancayo. We made it safely, but it was a crazy ride! and wow I do feel it, the altitude is so high up! I don't have a lot of time to write only a few seconds, I just wanted to let you know I'm here safe. But I have been working on my Spanish Book of Mormon study. I've also found some really good stuff in the D&C and Pearl of Great Price! It's pretty sweet. I love it!


This week has been an amazing week! I am about to find out who my new comp is. And, now I am going to be speaking a language that I hardly know! Say a prayer for me!

Well, signing off! Love you and be safe. Love you, love you and tell Nick I made it and Cory and Kass and Kolt.

Love you, Elder C.

No comments:

Post a Comment