Monday, February 29, 2016

I Love Tingo Maria!!

Well, what's up everyone in the greatest nation ever! haha. I only say that because I just hear so much funny stuff about the United States here. Everyone wants to go there, but they all talk trash about it too! I love it! And I love that I'm from the USA!  I really am learning to love the people here in Peru though. They all make me laugh! Literally half of the people remind me of a new born baby just lost and confused about what everything is haha! These people are hilarious to talk to and to just watch them walk around. 

To get down to it, this week was a great week. We had another baptism. It was JIN. I'm still not sure if it is Jin or Jim because everyone says it different. But, to start off I am sorry I didn't do anything too exciting last week to report on. My comp is super lazy and doesn't ever want to do anything. I think it's because he is going home in 3 weeks, so in 3 week I will start to do exciting things for p-day. But, we are having a good time and loving it in Tingo. The other missionary, Elder Espinosa got transfered to Tarma and a mini missionary came in for his place. It was me, Elder Arpires and Elder Daza, the Three Amigos for 3 days preaching. Then on Friday the mini missionary came. A mini missionary is a member that lives in the zone of our mission and is helping us out because we don't have enough missionaries in our mission. He is here for 1 change only. He is from Oroya. This kid is 22 years old and is the most awkward person  that I have ever met!  He walks into my room at night while I'm solving my rubics cube (I got 26 SECONDS!!!!!!) and of course, other things, and he just stares at be for like 2 minutes, but it feels like an eternity. Then he just walks back out of the room and leaves. It's like he is just always sleep walking. haha!!  

This week we found 7 new investigators and I really think that 3 or 4 of them should be baptised this next month. That is our goal at least, of course, I'll try hard to help all of them understand and love the gospel so they all want to be baptized. 

I did get the package and I'm getting fat again because of all the good stuff that was in it! Mom, your homemade cookies made it! And even after the trip to Peru and sitting at the bus station for a week they were still amazing! I really enjoyed them! The food here in the jungle is good. I eat a lot of papaya, mango, banana, and watermelon. for dinner with yogurt, and sometimes it's rice with egg. For lunch we have fried bananas and fried chicken! Paul Mayer will be the perfect Bishop! He's the best guy ever, he's so good with people and everyone loves him! I'm excited for the ward!

So back to the baptism on Saturday, we had the baptism for Jin and it was really neat. We started an hour and a half late becuase that is just how Peru is. When we were about to start the power went out! So, I grabed my flashlight and we grabbed 3 candles and started. We did everything, I shared the spiritual thought and it was Mark 10:38-39. "But Jesus said unto them, Ye know not what ye ask: can ye drink of the cup that I drink of? And be baptized with the baptism that I am baptized with? And they said unto him, We can. And Jesus said unto them, Ye shall indeed drink of the cup that I drink of; and with the baptism that I am baptized withal shall ye be baptized:" We baptized him with just candles and a flashlight and about 5 seconds after the baptism ended the lights came on, stinking Satanas! That guy is always trying to ruin the beautiful things, but not this time. It was very spiritual in the dark. It was the highlight of my week. 

I really have learned to listen to the spirit in our lessons. My comp has told me that I have been saying inspiring things and asking inspiring questions. I feel so good about that. I feel great, and I haven't thought about home since last Monday. I really do love what I'm doing, and I love the gospel. I love you all. Have a good week. 

ELDER CHRISTENSEN


My Blue Eyed Boy turned Brown Eyed (with the help of some contacts)



I really love his blue eyes!




A beautiful Chapel in the Jungle where the baptism of Jin took place
on Saturday, February 27, 2016




Baptism of Jin by Elder Arpires (Luke's companion)



Luke and his companion Elder Arpires

No comments:

Post a Comment