Monday, May 16, 2016

"The Lord Let Me See Things From a Different Perspective"

Hey there family and friends and all those that shalt read my letter this week...

Well, this week was a decent week. First off, my mini-missionary went home this last week, and I got a new companion! His name is Elder Perez, he is from Ecuador and he has been out about 14 months. I think I'm going to like this little butterball! 

So, this week was a fast week, but yet a slow week. I am still trying to decide which one it was. I'm only going to write a short letter because I don't have a ton of time and I really don't have a lot to say. haha. So to start off. Monday we went to a place called Velo de las Ninfas, (Vail of the Nimphs). I think that's some sort of fly or somthing haha. But on the way up to the actual waterfall there are 11 more waterfalls that you pass by to get there. It was so cool. Elder Bartschi and I were like scaling the side of these waterfalls to get there, and no, we didn't do anything against the mission rules. We didn't swim or anything!! But, on the side of the waterfall in the mountain there is a little path that you can use to see all of them or you can use the less dangerous path to get up to the top. So Bartschi and I did half and half. When it got too dangerous we used the path. The other path you can't see all of the waterfalls, so I missed a few. 

On Tuesday we woke up at 6:00 a.m. to go to Huanuco, and we dropped off my comp. Then we had a training and came back to Tingo. I got back and went on divisions with Rider (Rider is a new member in Tingo Maria). Rider and I had the greatest lesson of my whole mission with a lady whose baby just died like a month ago. We went and cheered her up, and made her super happy. She said that she cried every day before that, and so I went with Rider because I felt that it would be a good thing to do for her. It changed me and how I think. It was the biggest impression that the spirit has made on me in a long time. I knew I just needed to go and start talking to her. I always feel directed by the spirit, but this was different, it was so strong and so powerful! We started talking and had a great lesson. She shed a few tears of sadness, and then tears of joy. I loved the lesson! It had such a huge impact on me and it made me realize the impact we have on other people. It made me see what we are capable of, if the spirit is with us. The lesson helped us both in different ways. We were able to teach her about the Plan of Salvation and the Lord let me see things from a different perspective. 

The next day I couldn't go and see anyone in my area because I was with the other missionaries all day because my comp didn't arrive until Thursday. When my comp arrived we figured out he was a gimp, haha!! He couldn't even walk. So we sent him back to Huanuco on Saturday to have it checked. So, basically I was in my area for only 3 days this week out of 6 days. My comp is cool and I think he will help me a ton  to be a better missionary. I think we'll get along great! I love this gospel! I miss you all and I will write next week. 

Love you all,
Elder Christensen





Velo de las Ninfas, (Vail of the Nimphs)






No comments:

Post a Comment