Monday, May 30, 2016

Crazy Peruvian Chickens!! And .... I have a New Comp!

Mamamamamamamammammamamamaamamamamammammamammammaamamamammama
mamamamamamaamamamamamamamamaamamamamaammamamamamamamammammammama!!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MAMAMAMAMAMAMAMA I LOVE YOU SO DANG MUCH. ðŸ˜˜ðŸ˜˜ðŸ˜˜ðŸ˜˜
Well, I FINALLY HAVE A REAL COMPANION. Jaja!! Well, so President decided to send me a real comp. He's one of my buddies from Cerro. I'll tell you who it actually is but later. I want you to have to suffer. Jaja!! But, finally I have a comp. Well, this week was super cool and super fast and yeah, it was just a great week!!

First, I am going to start off with the beginning of the week to keep you all sane and not confused with my letter, because some things relate to other days. Well on Monday we went to the Pencion of the other Elders and we made the legendary enchiladas. I don't know if they were just amazing because I haven't had anything that good in like 9 months haha, but that was the greatest pday just because of that! We made those and then we had some Vanilla Coke with them and some 
Grape Crush. ahahaahah I was in heaven! After went over and bought some sling shots so that we could shoot at the chickens in the streets. We also bought some trumpos (they are a top sort of thing that you throw and they get super intense playing with them). They are super cool! Then we just played with those and then watched the Emma Smith story. I love that movie, it is an amazing movie and I highly recommend it. Maybe I love it so much because Joseph is my hero! 

Then on Tuesday me and Rider (the convert) went out to start teaching at like 10:00 in the morning and we didn't finish until like 9:00 that night. We got to teach 12 lessons that day!!!!  That's how many lessons I would have in Carhuamayo almost the whole week. On Tuesday we also went out to Aucayacu to teach the less actives out there and they are all just whiney babies (haha). But we helped quite a few people, but it is just so miserably hot there. 

On Wednesday night my comp arrived. It is Elder CROSLAND!!!! They closed the area he was in and they sent his companion to Satipo and sent him to Tingo Maria! So this week we have been having fun and working hard. We have this cool investigator that is a golden investigator but I probably won't be able to baptize her because she won't have the 3 church attendances that she needs to get baptized before I leave. But we have an investigator that will be baptized in 2 weeks and maybe another in 3 weeks but we aren't for sure yet. 

On Thursday we went to this investigators house and we were teaching her and she broke the news to us that she doesn't want to get baptized until she is 17 years old, and she is only 14 now. So we asked her why and she said that while she was reading the Book of Mormon she received revelation that she should get baptized but in a few years. We were telling her that the answer was not from God. We told her that God would not tell her to wait to be baptized into His church. She just didn't want to change her mind. Crazy girl jaja!! So we dropped her and we aren't visiting her anymore right now. 

That was the week basically. I love having so many investigators and so many people that we can teach. It's fun to see them catch the vision of the gospel! So, other than shooting chickens with my sling shot which is the funniest thing ever, we had a super great week! Just a little glimpse into my chicken story ... we had a chicken literally go bizerk, just like Eminem in his song, haha! This chicken started like screaming, it wasn't just clucking, he ran down the hill and started fighting with another chicken, and it was a chicken, it wasn't even a rooster. haha!! Crazy chickens in Peru make me laugh so hard. Well that is all that I have for today. Tune in next Monday for some more good old stories of my week. 

And I just want to say HAPPY BIRTHDAY LAST WEDNESDAY TO KASS KING MY COUZIN, AND TODAY TO MY MOMMMMMMMMMYYYY!!!! LOVE YOU BOTH SO MUCH AND HOPE YOUR DAYS WERE GREAT. 

Elder Christensen


Chicken Enchilada at the Pencion's House.
It's the best thing I've eaten in 9 months!



A Parrot from the Jungle at my Pencion's House




About to eat Enchilada's at the Pencion's house!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment