Monday, October 24, 2016

The Best Week of My Mission So Far!!!

How is everyone? To all of you out there...
 
Welp, let's start off, and can I say this week was one of the greatest weeks in my whole mission!!!

I've waited my entire mission to try Cuy... well, it finally happened! Cuy is Guinea Pig and it is a delicacy in most parts of Peru. Here in Huancayo it's quite expensive, but my pension knew I really wanted to try it! She is a great cook! They skin the Guinea Pig, put lots of salt and garlic on it, and then deep fry it whole. They don't remove any of the parts. It's served with the head, teeth, legs and feet, etc. Tastes kinda like chicken????

 

Let's start off with Monday. Monday was basically boring as heck. I just sat there and meditated while my comp looked at all of my pics. I also drank like 3 liters of Inka Kola, haha it was actually a really fun time, I guess! haha 

On Tuesday we took a 45 minute ride in a car going 90 miles an hour to a little town that is called Chakapampa. We had an investigator out there named Jose Luis. He lives on the edge of our area, and he attends every single Sunday. He is a super sweet dude. So we went out there to get permision from his mom to be able to have him get baptized. This little town is so small, there are only like 5 families there. But we got there and had a lesson with him, chased some cows and goats and sheep down, and just had and amazing time with him. Oh! and Jose did get permission to get baptized!! 

Then the rest of the week we were told by Deybin that he had a dream that was so real. His dream was basically the answer to all of his prayers. He dreamed that his family was all in a church and he was pulling people into the church. There was a lot more to his dream, but because it is kind of personal to him I won't share those things. In this dream he saw someone very special, and that person told him that he needs to follow him. That wasn't the answer to just his prayer it was also the answer to my prayers.
 
I don't have much time left, I really have to go, but I want to tell a little story about what happened on SaturdaySaturday started and it was just one of those days that you feel is going to be amazing. We go out first thing and proselyte and then at 3:00 I went to the church to teach José about how the baptism would proceed because his baptism wa planned for 4:00. We start off and Jose gets ready. We sing, we pray, and give the talks that are apart of the program. Jose walks back to get into the font, and within 2 seconds it went from super bright and sunny, to pooooouuuuuuring rain! A new convert of about 6 weeks, Jon Carlos, baptized him, and the second that Jose leaves the water there was a huge lightning bolt that struck! So, everyone was a little freaked out by that!! He gets out of the font and goes to change along with the young man Jon Carlos that baptized him, they enter into the bathroom and, boom! The light goes out. It then started to rain more that I have ever seen!! I walked outside and asked the question... "Satan why are you acting like this?" And, Boom lightning!! Then I walked into the room where everyone was, and we all listened to the testimony of Jose. Oh wow! how great was it! He started crying, he was so happy and so full of the spirit. He is so happy to have the Book of Mormon and gospel as a part of his life. He is planning to go on a mission. I'm so excited for him! He's a great young man and will be a great member.




It truly was a testimony builder of how Satan speaks and does all he can to try to stop one of God's children from entering into the waters of baptism. I know this gospel is true, and I know that God loves us, he loves us more then we can really imagine. He is there for us, he wants only happiness for us. We must follow him to have that! I am so happy, and so blessed to have the opportunity to be a part of God's army. I love what I'm doing!

I miss you all and I'll see you all very soon! Have a great week!

Elder Christensen

PS It's transfers this week. I'm going to be training a new missionary. Not sure if I'll be staying in Chilca or moving to a new area. I'll let you know next week!









No comments:

Post a Comment